[OLPC-AU] Flash and updating the XO

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 31 20:19:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:05:03AM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> I was going though olpc-os-builder when it occurred to me that once
> its cache is populated with the needed rpms, you have everything you
> need to re-spin an image. I'd like to make olpc-os-builder portable by
> splitting the creation of the cache, and building of the image, like
> pungi does, to be able to run it offline. I'm thinking that adding a
> "run from local cache only" option would be the way to go to gain
> this. In ksmain.50.repos.py there are some hard-coded urls pointing to
> the needed repos, if you set "local cache" then point the urls to the
> local cache in place of the internet addresses. Any mods that you wish
> to incorporate would be a matter of placing the needed commands in
> correctly named file ending with .inc in the appropriate modules
> directory of olpc-os-builder.

Yes, what you propose seems reasonable, though I've really only used
olpc-os-builder in a fully connected mode myself.  It would be best to
ask this kind of question on devel at lists.laptop.org since that is where
the developers of olpc-os-builder hang out.

I like the idea of being able to carry the cache to a deployment and
respin builds according to local requirements.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/