[Nigeria-opensource] ONE LAPTOP PER CHILD

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Jan 20 04:12:55 EST 2007

Jackson,

We have no idea at this point if the area you live in will be
in our initial deployments in Nigeria.  For many reasons, both
technical (for example, our mesh network), and social (the systems
are being set up to help kids work together, and are much less effective
if isolated), when the systems are deployed, they will be deployed "One
Laptop Per Child" for all children in the region.

Best regards,
                  Jim Gettys

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 23:50 -0800, jackson obi wrote:
> Sir,
> Sir,
> I wish to apply for one laptop for my daughter in the
> ONE LAPTOP PER CHILD Programme.
> My daughter is Mercy N. Jackson a Primary 2 student of
> Harruk Montessori International Nursery and Primary
> school Obiwale road rumuigbo Port Harcourt Rivers
> State Nigeria.
> I solicit the good concept of this programme and my
> daughter benefiting from it, as this will promote and
> develop quality in her learning process to a
> meaningful contribution/development of our dear
> country Nigeria.
> Best regards,
> Jackson.

Jim Gettys