[Nigeria-opensource] Nigerian Localization Efforts

Shina Owolabi shinacalypse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 14:16:32 EDT 2006

Hi Khaled.
I was talking to Marco (of RedHat) on the irc channel a while back, and he
gave me
directions on how to "git" sugar , which included a .pot file for the UI.
I created the yoruba, igbo and hausa po files and sent them back to him.
so there are nigerian po files there now!
Thanks for all your help and advice.

Shina

On 7/19/06, Khaled Hassounah <khaled at laptop.org> wrote:

> Shina,
>
> It took me a while, but here a preliminary answer that could help.
> Currently there are no po files, as the project is in its very early
> stage of development and no one got to that yet. There are two
> approaches that you could follow:
>
> 1. Contribute to the project by adding support for po files. This is
> something that someone who is more experienced in development could do,
> and is not much work but could have a huge impact not just for Nigerian
> translation but for the overall project.
>
> 2. Go through the files, and find the specific words that are used in
> the user interface (there is only a handful at this stage) and translate
> those.
>
> Anyone has any other ideas/concerns?
>
> Khaled
>
> Shina Owolabi wrote:
> > Hi!
> > We at Wazobia Linux want to get started on Nigerian language
> > localizations right away, and
> > we need to know how we can obtain po files for the Sugar UI  on the olpc
> > laptop. This is so
> > we can begin translating it into our local languages here.
> >
> > How can we get them?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Shina Owolabi
> >

> --