[Nigeria-opensource] Nigerian Localization Efforts

Khaled Hassounah khaled at laptop.org
Tue Jul 18 19:30:02 EDT 2006

Shina,

It took me a while, but here a preliminary answer that could help.
Currently there are no po files, as the project is in its very early
stage of development and no one got to that yet. There are two
approaches that you could follow:

1. Contribute to the project by adding support for po files. This is
something that someone who is more experienced in development could do,
and is not much work but could have a huge impact not just for Nigerian
translation but for the overall project.

2. Go through the files, and find the specific words that are used in
the user interface (there is only a handful at this stage) and translate
those.

Anyone has any other ideas/concerns?

Khaled

Shina Owolabi wrote:
> Hi!
> We at Wazobia Linux want to get started on Nigerian language
> localizations right away, and
> we need to know how we can obtain po files for the Sugar UI  on the olpc
> laptop. This is so
> we can begin translating it into our local languages here.
>
> How can we get them?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Shina Owolabi

Khaled Hassounah