[OLPC Networking] XO/XS Networking Issues

Shaun Pickford shaun.pickford at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:21:16 EDT 2012

I am currently in Haiti working to set up a school server in a partner
school that has ~20 XO's.  We have XS running on a Fit-PC2 and are able to
connect to the School Server from our test XO.  Our ideal next step is
providing internet connectivity to the XO's through the server.  To
accomplish this, we hope to utilize a Natcom 3G card connected to one of
the USB ports.  It seems like all we need to do is install wvdial, but I'm
getting a "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrorlist.centos.org'" error.  I
currently have no other way to connect the server to the internet (there is
wifi at our hotel, but I'm not sure how to connect the XS or even if I
can?).

I'm sure this is an easy fix, I just don't know what commands I need and am
having trouble finding them in the XS documentation on laptop.org.

Thank you to anyone who can help out!

(PS: I leave the country Monday morning <x-apple-data-detectors://1> to
return to the states, so the faster I hear back, the better!)

-Katelyn Doran

Sent from my iPad