[OLPC Networking] Testing the Wireless driver changes

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 14:53:38 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:51 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> I suppose that OFW could reset the wireless to turn it off and then do
> some chipset configuration hack that would make that USB port
> disappear.  I'm just guessing though; I haven't studied the 5536 manual
> with this possibility in mind.
>
> That seems like a fairly horrible way to solve a Linux problem.

My thoughts precisely.  Fix it where it should be fixed, not by playing
russian roulette with a shotgun in a pitch-black room full of cute,
cuddly, mewing kittens stacked from floor to ceiling.

I've already outlined (twice! if my mails get through moderation on
networking@) proposed changes to make "airplane" mode happen.

Dan