[OLPC Networking] Recommendation I3

Oliver Mattos oliver at mattos.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:24:32 EDT 2008

Suggestion:

Always use the fastest rate (54) for connections between all peers in the
mesh.  The only condition that allows the rate to be reduced is when a mesh
node can't contact any other node, in which case it lowers transmit rate.

This algorithm might need some corner cases "fixing" to prevent two
"seperated" mesh networks where peers in each half can't talk to the other
half.