[OLPC Networking] compatibility with legacy wireless access points

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Oct 9 03:26:22 EDT 2007

John Kintree wrote:
> Will purchasers of XO laptops be able to connect to existing 802.11b and
> 802.11g wireless access points?
> Regards,
> John Kintree

Yes, but in cases where the certainty of a wire is needed, a
USB-to-Ethernet dongle is invaluable. I believe the following work with XO:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/USB_ethernet_adaptors

I just got a ASOHOUSB made by Airlink for about USD 10. It works like a
charm with Ubuntu Feisty (network-manager says its "unknown" but works
well), but I haven't tried it yet with the XO.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University