[OLPC Networking] Mesh compatibility

Bob Keyes bob at eecs.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 28 21:33:17 EDT 2007

Hello all,
I've been working with wifi mesh networks for a couple of years. I have
primarily used Roofnet in the past. I am now working at Harvard on the
CitySense project, where we are currently using OLSR.

I''d like to consider having our mesh sensor network be compatible with
the OLPC 802.11 pre-S protocol. I wonder if it could be emulated using the
Click modular router software, which is what Roofnet is built on top of.
Ideally, it wouldn't be tied into using the Marvell chip but could use
Atheros or other chipsets.

What is available, in terms of software emulators or Marvell on
mini-pci ?