[OLPC Networking] Satellite bandwidth

Julian Somers jsomers at wiredocean.com
Tue Feb 6 09:29:50 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm researching a project to distribute content in Africa (rss feeds,
podcasts, streaming media) via satellite using cheap one-way
multicast dvb. So I have a couple of questions regarding networking
with the XO-1.

Has anyone implemented the OLPC network stack (mesh, auto-discovery,
etc) on an embedded router that provides connectivity for the OLPCs?
Or is there some documentation I should look at that describes how
something like this should work?

Is there an effort under way to design a low-power communication or
application server that interfaces well with OLPC?

Does anyone know how SES-Astra is planning to implement their offer
to provide satellite bandwidth for OLPCs?

many thanks, Julian

--
Julian Somers
jsomers at wiredocean.com