[OLPC Networking] Satellite bandwidth over africa/...

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Sep 21 09:34:06 EDT 2006

I think that is over much of Asia (IPstar), which provides 2 meg of
unicast and 2 meg of multicast.

IIRC, there isn't (yet) an equivalent over Africa, though IIRC, some
better satellite is supposed to launch at some point.

There are also efforts for an African ground based network; I don't know
the details there.
                                   - jim

--
Jim Gettys