[OLPC Networking] Mesh network?

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at spring.luon.net
Tue Sep 12 10:00:31 EDT 2006

Krishna Sankar wrote:
>  a)    There will be py level interfaces - dials, gages, switches and control
>  knobs and a coherent programming model. We do need APIs at that layer.
>  b)    But the majority of the work would be done at the L1/2/3.
>  c)    The mesh (802.11s) will be implemented as a Layer1/L2 artifact
>  d)    The mesh mobility networking primitives would be more of
>    OLSR/AODV/DYMO (more of DYMO/OLSR than AODV) than normal OSPF. Could be
>    OSPF v3 with mobility as well.

Any idea what the multicast routing part of 802.11s looks like ? MAODV like ?

I've looked around for more info on 802.11s, but i can't really find anything
about how the procotol(s) used should work.

  Sjoerd
--
It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the lowly
ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as high as the eagle?