[OLPC Networking] Mesh network?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Wed Sep 6 15:10:24 EDT 2006

Interesting question. Actually I was also thinking about the same issue
! From my (limited) view :

 	a)    There will be py level interfaces - dials, gages, switches
and control knobs and a coherent programming model. We do need APIs at
that layer.
	b)    But the majority of the work would be done at the L1/2/3.
	c)    The mesh (802.11s) will be implemented as a Layer1/L2
artifact
	d)    The mesh mobility networking primitives would be more of
OLSR/AODV/DYMO (more of DYMO/OLSR than AODV) than normal OSPF. Could be
OSPF v3 with mobility as well.
	e)	We also would need to work with D-Bus, the Avahi
layer(mDNS, local network forming et al) as well as the twisted
framework (if that is part of the distribution)
	f)	And we should not forget IPv6 !

Cheers
<k/>