[Nepal] pilgrim

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Sep 23 13:05:59 EDT 2008

 > (06:05:31) sulochan: dude...how much do you know about this
 > pilgrim thing that builds xo images?
 > (06:05:44) sulochan: can i use that to make my own xo image...?

Sorry, I was on vacation.

Yes, I used pilgrim to create my own custom builds when I was at 1CC.
It's quite straightforward and it offers you all the flexibility you want:
add/remove packages, hack configuration files, etc.

You get started by cloning the pilgrim git repository on dev.laptop.org.
There's a README file, iirc.

The first time you run it, it will probably download the world with yum.
 From the second time on, it should be fast(er).

Ask me or m_stone or cscott on IRC if you get stuck!

--
    \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
   _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/