[Nepal] sugar activities

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Nov 14 05:43:46 EST 2008

I am working on two related items.

One is an svg image of the OLPC keyboard since most of our XOs in Nepal
have English keyboards. One advantage is that the kids will have an
incentive to learn touch-typing.  However the image will help them get
started on learning. I am trying to make the keyboard image so that it
will automatically display the correct glyphs based on the
currently-selected layout.

Second is a pygame typing activity which displays random streams of
characters for keys based on the fingers used to press them. For
example, two characters for the index finger of each hand. Since these
streams are random, they should work in any keyboard layout. I expect
this game would be a starter leading up to yours which will feature
meaningful content to type (and, hence, will be language-specific).

Tony