[Nepal] First Draft Development Process Proposal

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 01:48:28 EDT 2008

Michael, thanks for your responses.

Michael wrote:
>Noted. Can you or Bernie supply a patch which accomplishes the desired
>behavior? If someone can come up with a halfway decent patch, I'm more
>than happy to try to see that this gets resolved.

I will have to ask Bernie for help w/ this. It is beyond my current abilities
and I am pretty maxed out right now working on our E-Library. Don't worry we will
share back all the config and code we have come up w/.

> Here are two dirty hacks and a long-term project:

I will have to get folks here working on it. Surprisingly, resources are pretty tight here, our developers are in a mad
dash to develop enough activities for the kids at the schools. They go through them so quickly and are
always clamoring for more English and math activities, esp. English.

> 3) Stable collaboration :) I know this is a hard one.

>We just put Cerebro into joyride. We think that some activities, such as
>Read, will be easy to modify to use it. You might try it and see. Which
>activities do you care about most in this regard?

We care most about Write. I will have to test out Cerebro. Maybe I can get Pradosh, our new intern to work on it
this week.

>(FYI, the configuration management scripting that Martin [and Uruguay,
>for that matter] have done might be of some interest to you as a
>labor-savor. Poke Martin or Emiliano [have you met?] for details.)

Definitely interested in it, will have to check it out.

> 4) Longer battery life, it's ok w/ us if you turn off the mesh while the
> XO goes into suspend mode.

>This can be manually tested in the latest joyrides. Any help you can
>offer in testing them would be greatly appreciated, for obvious reasons.

I will try to help out w/ testing but the E-Library is kicking my butt right now.

thanks,

Bryan