[Nepal] need to use relative URLs for e-pustakalaya

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jul 25 03:49:33 EDT 2008

Bryan Berry wrote:
> fez stores the host machine's URL's in the mysql database. This is super
> annoying if we want to dump the database from pustakalaya-dev to
> pustakalaya.olenepal.org. I am not sure what the easiest way around it
> is.

bad fez.  Can't we teach it NOT to do it?

Today me and Sulo discovered also that all contents are not being
cached.  Another bug to file (or fix ourselves).

Also, dumping and restoring a huge db with binary blobs in it is way
too complicated.  Maybe we could leverage mysql's replica support?
But this would make the two databases 100% identical, which is maybe
not what we want.

> I did a git-pull and the merge was not as seamless as I would have
> liked.

What happened exactly?  How did you fix it?

git can be a bitch at times... mostly because the error messages
are unclear and the domain (distributed version control) is
somewhat complex itself.

--
   \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
  _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/