[Mbc] Introducing the OLPC Multi-Battery Charger.

miguel brechner brechner at internet.com.uy
Fri Mar 27 09:53:48 EDT 2009

pls take me out of the list
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Luke Faraone
  To: richard at laptop.org
  Cc: cavallo at Laptop.org ; peripherals at lists.laptop.org ; OLPC Developer's List ; Julia Reynolds ; mbc at lists.laptop.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:19 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mbc] Introducing the OLPC Multi-Battery Charger.

  Luke Faraone, address is on file.
  Part of the DC Learning Club and the Arlington STEM academy

  On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
    How many XO's do you have in your current deployment/pilot?
  We're developers and enthusiasts, but in our community testbed we have about 30 XOs.  We use XOs in the classroom (high school) as development tools with Sugar as the target platform.

    Where is your deployment/pilot?

  Washington, DC

    What power source would you be using? AC or DC?

  AC.

    What power source (AC or DC) do you see as most useful for your
    deployment/pilot?

  AC, we're in an area of high power availability.

    Would you purchase extra batteries for use with the MBC?

  No, we have plenty (about 20 batteries in the DC Repair Center stock).

    What time frame you would roll out MBC units.
    How many MBC units do you think your deployment would need in the short
    and long term?

  If we get a deployment off the ground we would probably need 2 to 4 units. Until then, we need 1, and would just perform testing etc.
  --
  Luke Faraone
  http://luke.faraone.cc