[Localization] [UKids] Language on Write Activity

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Jun 23 10:25:37 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Sarah Naguib <sanaguib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have been working with the recipients of my laptops in Egypt, and we are
> having a little bit of
> trouble with the language.

XO-4 specifically I believe.  Am cc'ing localization at lists.laptop.org just
in case others know Arabic tricks/tips to the Write activity (or similar)
working?

We managed to change the interface language of the XO to Arabic, but
> obviously not all of the activites switch over to Arabic on their own. The
> ones that I am having the most trouble with are some of the number
> activities, but most importantly, the Write activity. I did a lot of online
> research about how to switch the language, and I ended up following some
> steps in Terminal, but I'm not sure if I messed up or what because now I
> have to restore the computer back to factory settings.

Thanks Sarah,

   - Can you please outline (or transcribe) what steps you took in Terminal?
   - Tell us which exact OS http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases you
   installed?
   - Which exact version of the Write activity you're running?  (versions
   should be shown in the top-right of Sugar's Home View, if you change from
   Ring/Spiral View to List View?)

If you have any ideas about how I could approach this problem, that would