[Localization] Installing Papiamento on the OLPC

Ace Suares (Suares & Co) ace at suares.com
Sun May 25 11:41:17 EDT 2014

Some problems:

- in the language list (My Settings -> Language), the name is 'pap (AN)'
and not Papiamento (AN)
- the activities themselves seem to be translated, but on the main
screen, when hovering over the activities, all of them are English
(MEASURE, Measure Activity, PAINT, Paint Activity etc ).

Any help appreciated

Ace

On 05/25/2014 11:19 AM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) wrote:
> I tried the following:
>
> localedef -v -c -i pap_AN -f UTF-8 pap_AN.UTF-8
>
> (gleaned fromhttp://www.banym.de/linux/fedora/problems-with-missing-locale-files-on-fedora-20-made-libvirtd-service-not-starting)
> and after that, I saw pap (AN) in the list of languages in My Settings.
>
> I chose that as my first language and English as fall back language.
>
> So far so good!
>
> And now I am seeing, in the language list of 'Speak', suddenly some
> translated strings, 'Ingles' instead of 'English', for instance...
> this is starting to look good!
>
> Cheers
> ace
>

> On 05/25/2014 07:21 AM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> Recently we succeeded in translating most of Fructose, but now I am
>> looking for how to install it on our 30 XO-1.75 and 1 XO-4 laptop.
>> For instance, I can't pick Papiamento from the list of languages; how
>> can I fix that.
>>
>> Just a pointer to documentation could help; I've tried searching but
>> didn't come up with a handy page...
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> ace
>>

> --