[Localization] Pootle 2.5 porting [Work in Progress]

Aneesh Dogra aneesh at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 5 01:21:08 EDT 2013

Hey Chris,

I'd like to setup a small meeting if possible to talk a bit more about the
pootle 2.5 instance and what all tasks need to be done in order to complete
the porting. I live in India, timezone: GMT + 5:30. Let me know if you'll
be free to have a little meeting today or tomorrow.

Or if you don't have any minute to spare could you describe a little what
scripts you want and what other modifications to the new pootle would you
like.

> On Jul 4, 2013 11:38 PM, "Aneesh Dogra" <aneesh at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>
>> The database was using latin1 character encoding which needed to be
changed to utf8.

>> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Please document the process you folowed to set up the new Poolte
instance on this page.

>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/translate/Poolte_2.5_migration
>>>
>>> What exactly did you change to resolve the data corruption?
>>>

>>> cjl

rendering properly now. I have tested Arabic, Nepali, Mongolian, Yiddish,
Uyghur, Arabic, Hindi and they all seem to render properly. Feel free to
test some more and let me know if there are some more issues.

incorrectly. I checked a few and at least Mongolian, Nepali, Yiddish, and
Uyghur seem to be missing. The translated text just shows up as "?" marks.
There are probably I did not see. Best if the language admins check that
their project is viewable.

translation and database files) and it seems to be working. Check
http://newpootle.sugarlabs.org/

on 2.5. If someone can give me a starting point it would be greatly
helpful. Are there any scripts that might not be useful anymore?

commit_to_vcs, which of course commits and pushes translation changed to
the linked code repository [git/svn/vcs], so it probably supersedes our
version in pootle-helpers.