[Localization] Wikikids/Vikidia, encyclopedia for children

Mathias Damour mathias.damour at laposte.net
Wed Apr 24 16:27:16 EDT 2013

I wanted to speak about Wikikids/Vikidia, which are encyclopedia for
children on the Wikipedia model.

2 of them are doing well: French (14000 articles) and Dutch (13000 articles)
There is a Vikidia in Spanish as well, that doesn't work so well.

See: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikikids which gives all the links
and explanations.
Moreover, it is the proposal for it to be adopted as a Wikimedia project.
I think it can be a significant resource for children, since we can
consider that Wikipedia often is too difficult for children.

Did you know it ? Do you have any question, suggestions on that project ?

Now we need people for feedback, and help, feel free to join or forward
this message to people that might be interested !

--
Mathias Damour
49 rue Carnot
mathias.damour at laposte.net