[Localization] Response time for Pootle server

Aputsiaq Janussen aj at isit.gl
Tue Mar 6 09:43:00 EST 2012

Hi,

I sometimes experience long response times from the Pootle server.
Just now it took 30-40 seconds to respond to the first string
translation, but then it responded almost instantly.
It's a great project with Chris being one of the best managers out there.
With better server performance I figure that more work will be done.

I've worked with a quite a few Pootle installations and figure that
there is room for optimization of the Pootle software.
Maybe it's possible also to configure the server somehow.
Non-profit projects often suffer from lack of premium hardware and
networks (though the skills behind them often make up for it!).
It might be worth taking a look at the log however, and see if search
engines or other services is burdening the server.

-------
I am with gratitude your most humble servant

Aputsiaq Niels Janussen