[Localization] Pootle rearrangements

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:19:53 EDT 2012

Dear Localizers,

Some activities have been moved from one project to another, all
existing strings have been conserved.  There is a new project called
"Honey2" that is holding some activities formerly in Honey.  A few
Honey activities have "graduated" to inclusion in Fructose.

The Honey project had just gotten a little too big (sort of a nice
problem to have) and it was taking an inordinate amount of time to
"Update from Templates" so this division is partly to address this
administrative efficiency issue, but we also took advantage of this
effort to regroup the activities in a manner that provides some
additional clues to localizers about the "priority" of localizing
these activities.

Glucose >> Fructose >> Honey > Honey2 is the recommended order for
highest impact first.

This prioritization is based on a variety of somewhat subjective
factors (use by deployments, pedagogic impact, input from activity
developers, etc.).  All of these activities are worthy of your effort
to translate, but given that you probably will want to have the
highest impact first (after translating the Glucose core) , it is
hoped that this reorganization will help guide your efforts.  In the
end of the day, we'd still love to have them all translated, but we
want you to be able to use your precious time efficiently.

Of course, deployments are free to select their own activities and
localizers are free to work on the PO files that they want, this
grouping is only a suggestion that you can choose to take into account
(or not) when planning your work, it is NOT a mandate.

For clarification, the new Glucose 0.96 branch is what used to be
Glucose.  With the freeze and release of Glucose as Glucose 0.96, the
"Glucose" branch will begin to slowly diverge from Glucose 0.96 over
time, but for a while they may be identical, so you might try working
on them in parallel in two browser tabs, or JUST focus on one or the
other and ask for help transferring the strings to the other when
you've finished one (I'm happy to help out with this).   Again, this
is your choice and I'm just suggesting opportunities for efficiency.

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator