[Localization] Requesting lang admin for lang-th

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:36:47 EST 2012

2012/2/29 Meechai Junpho <malaku38 at hotmail.com>:
> Dear Sugar Lab team,
> My name is Meechai Junpho From Thailand. Now we’re translating the sugar
> into Thai language.
> I’d like to register to be an administrator who will do the final check of
> all translation before sending it to Sugar lab.
> My pootle username is malaku. Could you please register me as an
> administrator?
>
> We’re planning to finish all translation within March 16 and will be sending
> all data you your team asap.
> What will be the timeframe for us to get the Thai version of Sugar?
> We intended to install in 500 machines of XO in early April 2012. Would that
> be possible?
> Thank you for your kind support.
> Best regards,
> Meechai

Dear Meechai,

Welcome to the Sugar Labs / OLPC / eToys Localization community,

Your Pootle username (malaku) has been granted language administrator
priv on the Thai language project.

You can learn a little more about the lang admin role here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Administration_QuickStart

and of course, this list is the place to post any questions you may have.

I've seen the increased activity in Thai and the new localizers
registering, it is very exciting to see this effort picking up steam.

You will probably want to test your localizations on the XO laptop,
which you can do with the Thai Language Pack (lanuiage packs are
generated fresh every night).

This page is slightly out-of-date, but it should give you the idea.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing

Language packs can be found here (and you probably want the Sugar 0.94 version):
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/langpacks/

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator