[Localization] [support-gang] Fwd: Songs for kids!

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:29:26 EDT 2012

Hi Caryl,

On 23 Aug 2012, at 16:27, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Perfect! Now we can really get going on a TamTam resource page on the OLPC wiki. They will have to be transcribed into QWERTY notation for the XO-1.x family.. But, when the XO-3 and XO-4 come out, there can be a standard keyboard on the screen (right, C.Scott?).

Well I hope we'll manage a decent piano keyboard layout – touch gives us so many UI possibilities! Unfortunately TamTam code is not in the best of shape and requires quite a major UI undertaking. Given the time available, it is down as a 'not in this cycle'.

If you're interested in the on-screen-keyboard support, design work is here:

   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Garycmartin/Maliit

Regards,
--Gary