[Localization] Localization tip - Conozco America

Aputsiaq Janussen aj at isit.gl
Tue Apr 24 13:15:07 EDT 2012

Hi Chris and localizers,

Shaking my head was the first thought I got, because I've just been through
the same experience with CiviCRM. But I like doing translations and learning
new names and geography is always great, so I might give it a shot. At the
moment other projects get higher priority though - as it is pretty
time consuming
to check language names.

E.g. the Danish ISO 3166 and other ISO files covers some, but the spelling of
the English names between the ISO and CiviCRM weren't exactly identical.
I think it's a shame to have several - not necessarily flaky, but more
likely flaky
names for country/provinces/...
If other translators agree that this is an issue, perhaps it should be
brought up
with the developers.

The elegant solution would be to fetch from an ISO file, and conserve the energy
used in translating and proof reading. If impossible make sure that the source
strings is identicial, so that it is possible to merge translations.