[Localization] localization status in Indian languages

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:44:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> This is to know the people who are working in localization of Sugar
> Platform into Indian Languages.
>
> Like last year we (the team at gnowledge.org lab In Mumbai in India)
> will be working with
> schools in India promoting Sugar Platform.  Every week we go to two
> village schools, one the Khairat school and the other a middle close
> by.  We go to the villages two times a week.
>
> As soon as possible, we would like to finish localization of Sugar
> Platform for at least the most popular applications first in Hindi and
> Marathi.  Do you know who is coordinating these activities now.  I
> will also check the pootle site in a while,
> but thought it is good to know who are currently working on it.

Dear Indian Language teams,

I have downloaded the Terminology files from the FUEL project.

https://fedorahosted.org/fuel/wiki#DOWNLOAD

For the following languages:  Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi,
Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu

and placed them in the proper Pootle Terminology projects.  Hopefully
this helps you perform your L10n work more quickly.  I would be very
grateful if localizers in these languages would review the
untranslated strings in their projects to see if some rapid progress
can be made by accepting these pre-localized terms from the
suggestions on the right-hand sidebar of Pootle.

Please focus on Glucose and Fructose first, but review all your
projects for opportunities to pick up some strings quickly from this
Fedora-sponsored terminology effort.