[Localization] Doubts while committing in Marathi

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:55:11 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM, ganesh gajre <ganeshgajre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> In marathi Translation of Sugar,  I have some doubts which need to be
> clarified:
>
> 1.  Will it be ok if I change the position of value i.e ' %s ' in a
> sentence?

Yes, this is generally not a problem.  %s will be substituted with a
string (e.g. sometimes a filename, or something else, depending on the
context).  %d is generally a number.

https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

> 2.  A single english word translating to marathi may contain more than 3
> words because it make sence to a statement, and necessary. Will it do??

This is perfectly acceptable/

> 3. In pootle, when we review words, there are words which start by capital
> letter, but there is no capital letter letter in marathi... So it still
> shows Startcaps error. Will be ok
>    if I commit it directly?

The pofilter flags are to draw human attention to strings for review,
strings are sometimes flagged based on relatively unsophisticated
algorithms.  pofilter flags are not always errors that need to be
changed.  Ignoring Startcaps flags is not an issue.  On the other
hand, printf usually signifies a real issue.

> Me and Smita trying to finish marathi translation and also getting more
> localizers for the same. Hope Will do this ASAP.

Great and thank you.