[Localization] Dutch L10n - Waveplace

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:21:56 EDT 2011

Dear Dutch Localizers,

Our friends from Waveplace would very much like to have Dutch L10n of their
lesson plans.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/nl/Waveplace/

One possible way to accomplish a lot of this quickly is to go ahead and use
Google Translator to do a machine translation of the longer strings.  Google
does much better with long strings (paragraph length) than with short UI
strings, and it has been improving all the time.  Then improve the machine
translation manually and submit it.

I think this trick can work reasonably well for most of the European
languages that Google offers.  I know for a fact that it does pretty well
for Spanish.  Please try your own language and see how it does.

The machine translation alone is not typically good enough, but it will get
a lot of the paragraph basically correct and the effort to improve the
machine translation may be less than the effort to type the entire
paragraph.