[Localization] Suggestion accept/reject in Pootle not woorking

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 01:45:19 EDT 2011

Dear Localizers

Several of you have mentioned the recent and somewaht mysterious bug
where the check mark (to accept) and the "X" mark (to reject)
suggestions are no longer working on Pootle.  A ticket has been filed:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3158

and this will be looked into, but I am concerned that the simplest
path to a solution may be an upgrade in our Pootle version, which is
somewhat overdue anyway.

In the meantime, I suggest that you work around this by using
copy/paste and "submit" for suggestions that you want to accept and
that we will just have to clean up "rejected" suggestions later.

I would also comment that it is acceptable to submit a string marked
with the "fuzzy" flag if you are not 100% confident that you want it
committed.  The "de-fuzzy" function is still working fine.  Strings
marked as fuzzy are not displayed in the UI, even of the PO file is
committed, so you do not need to worry about that and fuzzy strings
are still flagged for attention in Poolte, so others can review them
and make a call on whether they should be de-fuzzied and committed.

Hopefully we will be able to resolve this before long and regain full
"suggestion" review function in Poolte.

Warmest Regards,