[Localization] clock.po; waveplace-tutorials

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:59:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Markus Schlager <m.slg at gmx.de> wrote:

> I can get along with it though I wouldn't say I was happy with it. Purpose 1
> could be fulfilled with a comment at the second string as well. Purpose 2
> seems to be difficult to achieve since abviously the string won't get
> translated ever. To me this looks similar to the first couple of
> control-strings in scratch.po which vanished from etoys already.
>
> Markus

Well the intent would be for it to be "translated" when the folks at
Waveplace have uploaded the text to their Courseware site,  Hopefully
that occurs sooner than 'never' as they were the ones who asked for
help translating these materials into these languages in the first
place.

No denying it is a hack (like the eToys strings you mention).  The
good news is that as these PO files are to be post-processed in a text
editor, you can't really screw it up too badly.