[Localization] Status of AbiWord Pootle hosting

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:00:25 EDT 2011

Dear AbiWord devs and localizers,

The existing AbiWord PO files for the following languages have been
uploaded to the Sugar Labs Pootle server with the following (hopefully
self-explanatory) names:

abiword.2.8.stable.po
abiword.2.9.dev.r29782.po

They can be found under the language name at this link:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

Please review your languages uploaded PO files (particularly the
msgfmt checks on the Reveiw tab).  Many strings that were
automatically transferred in version upgrades are "fuzzy" and need
work, some are badly matched/translated by the fuzzy matching
algorithm of the merge tools.

ach	Acholi 	AnLoc
af	Afrikaans 	AnLoc
ak	Akan (Twi:Asante) 	AnLoc
sq	Albanian
am	Amharic 	AnLoc
ar	Arabic
ast	Asturian
eu	Basque
be	Belarusian
be at latin	Belarusian-latin
br	Breton
bg	Bulgarian
ca	Catalan
zh_CN	Chinese (China)
zh_HK	Chinese (Hong Kong)
zh_TW	Chinese (Taiwan)
hr	Croatian
cs	Czech
da	Danish
nl	Dutch
en_GB	English (United Kingdom)
eo	Esperanto
et	Estonian
fi	Finnish
fr	French
ff	Fulah 	AnLoc
gl	Galician
de	German
el	Greek
he	Hebrew
hu	Hungarian
id	Indonesian
ga	Irish
it	Italian 	needs work (encoding)
ja	Japanese
kk	Kazakh
km	Khmer 	2.9 only
ko	Korean 	needs work (encoding)
ku	Kurdish
lv	Latvian
lt	Lithuanian
mk	Macedonian
mg	Malagasy
ml	Malay
ne	Nepali
nso	Northern Sotho 	AnLoc
nb	Norwegian Bokmal
nn	Norwegian Nynorsk
ps	Pashto
pl	Polish
pt	Portuguese
pt_BR	Portuguese (Brazil)
ro	Romanian
ru	Russian
sk	Slovak
sl	Slovenian
son	Songhai languages 	AnLoc
es	Spanish
sv	Swedish
ta	Tamil
tk	Turkish
uk	Ukrainian
ur	Urdu 	2.9 only
vi	Vietnamese
cy	Welsh
wo	Wolof
zu	Zulu 	AnLoc

AnLoc hosted AbiWord PO files will be discussed with fwolff (or other
AnLoc person) to minimize duplication of effort.

Italian and Korean need to be converted to UTF-8 before upload, I will
work on that.  For Urdu and Khmer, only 2.9 created as no strings are
translated yet (2.8 is a subset of 2.9 strings, so backfilling will be
easy).

The following need additional information to be fully resolved.  Merge
suggestions will be discussed individually with relevant locaizers.
nplural info being sought for language configuration on Poolte
includes number of plural forms and plural equation.

ay	ayc-BO, aym-BO	discussing with Amos Batto
qu	quh-BO, qul-BO	discussing with Amos Batto

bm		AnLoc, need nplural info
cgg		AnLoc, need nplural info
lg		AnLoc, need nplural info

jbo		need nplural info
mh		need nplural info
mhk		need nplural info
sc		need nplural info
yi		need nplural info

de-CH		Merge?

es_MX		Merge?

en-US	en-AU ,en-CA en-IE	Merge?

sr	sr, sr-SR	difference? Merge?
	sr at latin	create

This just a start, but I think you will agree that it is a substantial
first step.

Warmest Regards,