[Localization] [Olpc-sysadmin] Adding Local Language & Keyboard Layout

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 01:01:24 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Xahid <zahid.butt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Chris.

Xahid,

There is a particular form of thanks that would be very welcome.

As you can see, we do have a number of Urdu contributors

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ur/

However, I do not think any of the existing Urdu language
administrators has been active recently.  What this means is that
translations in Pootle may not have been committed to the git
repository and therefore would not be picked up when you made your
build.

Would you consider contributing additional Urdu translations and
acting as an Urdu language administrator?

The job of a lang-admin is not very burdensome:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Administration_QuickStart

It mostly consists of trying to recruit more localizers and to perform
quality reviews and commits on completed PO files.

If you are interested, please let me know what your Pootle user name
is and we can get you set up to commit the lang-ur PO files so you can
use them in your build.  In general, we stiongly prefer that a native
speaker act as lang-admin and take care of reviewing and committing
the PO files.

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator