[Localization] New "language" in Pootle

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:16:50 EDT 2011

All,

I've been working with a number of teams on translating into South
American indigenous languages, which is often easiest to do from
Spanish.  The Huastec team has done great work, two Quechua variants
and some Aymara variants should be getting underway soon.

I've created a new "language" project entitled:

Español a lengua indígena template
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/qqa/

The purpose of this is to hold untranslated PO files which have been
modified to contain the Spanish translation in the translator comments
(using Amos Batto's instrans tool).  This untranslated version can be
used to populate new languages as the teams for them form.  It is not
meant to be translated in Pootle at all, but to act like a Spanish
language version of the Templates project.  The PO files can be
downloaded to start work prior to the indigenous langauge being set up
properly
 in Pootle.

A similar project can be created for French (e.g. Francophone Africa)
or other intermediate languages as needed.