[Localization] Arabic translation

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Oct 5 04:34:24 EDT 2010

On 10/04/2010 08:15 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 04:30:56PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>> as I have been testing Arabic translations when working on fixing
>> this bug I came across a few oddities I was not sure if they were
>> right or not (For example the positioning of the cursor in the
>> search entry. The '>' icon in the Journal that brings you to the
>> details of an an entry. The activities listed in the frame.). As I
>> do not speak Arabic (yet)... :) For example the positioning of the
>> cursor in the search entry.
>>
>> Do you have the time to grab an olpc build and have a look and
>> comment? Chris has created a tracker bug at [2].
>
> Unfortunately I'm bit overloaded with other stuff right now, but I'm
> happy there is some interest in fixing Arabic related bugs now. I hope
> to be able to do some more testing in the near future (back in the olden
> days, I learnt Python just to fix OLPC Arabic bugs, I hope this time it
> will be more fruitful).
>
> Regards,
>   Khaled

Thanks Khaled for your reply.

So whenever you have time just jump in and have a go at a recent build.

All: Of course, any Arabic speaker that has an XO to test is invited to
give feedback. Latest build can be found at [1], the current known
issues are listed at [2].

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/latest/ or