[Localization] Tux Paint for the XO

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 16:48:46 EDT 2010

On 3/27/10 15:03 , Aleksey Lim wrote:
> .... <snip> ....
> tvoverbeek (CCed) was wiling to help with sugarizing TuxPaint
> (http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/887) but looks like there wasn't
> progress.
>
> Since I'm currently focusing on sugarizing, I'll pick this up
> (it would be primarily save-to-journal feature).
>

>> The Sugar Labs version does not appear to have been set up for localization
>> yet, but all of the necessary elements are there to host that versions PO
>> files within the Sugar Labs / OLPC Pootle server.  As you are looking to
>> take on the maintenance of localization for the original Tux Paint package,
>> you would be in a unique position to work with alsroot to leverage the
>> localization effort across both the original and the Sugar versions of Tux
>> Paint.
>>
>> I am not sure how much the two versions differ.
>>
> Current version of ASLO is upstream 0.9.20 with print feature disabled.
>      ...<snip>  ...

Still very busy with moving from the US to Europe.

Please go ahead with sugarizing Tux-Paint.
What needs to be considered is the large installed XO-1 base, i.e. the
interface to the journal
has to support the different datastore formats in Sugar 0.82 - 0.88.

Localization works out of the box with the localization features in the
standard tuxpaint
distribution. In fact the reason I started with tuxpaint on the XO-1 was
to get a Dutch version
for my grandson.

In the coming months I probably have some more time to spend on Sugar
and the XO.
So, please keep me in the loop, if possible.

Ton van Overbeek