[Localization] Communication path for non-English help requests

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Mar 24 18:25:24 EDT 2010

  Hi, Clytie,

> >  Download "Etoys To Go" from http://squeakland.org/download/, replace
> > the etoys.mo file under the locale/vi/LC_MESSAGE with the one created
> > from msgfmt, start etoys.sh, switch the language and see what
> > happens.
>
> Thanks for the advice, Yoshi. I'm on Mac OSX Intel, so should I download the Mac version instead? (OSX is UNIX, anyway.)

  You can try it with the Mac version, but would need some code
change.

  Can you confirm that in the Vietnamese translation there are very
few need for the Unicode composition characters (my quick check shows
only 4 such composition characters used)?  The Mac version of Etoys
cannot support these composition character but for the remaining vast
majority of strings, a font file and little code change (somebody has
to make them though), you can tryit on Mac OS X (or any other
platforms).

-- Yoshiki