[Localization] [support-gang] Actions: OLPC QA Call with Sri Lanka's Professional Volunteers

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:50:53 EST 2010

Adam,

It is great to hear that there is an organized team from Sri Lanka
contributing to the long-standing and valuable effort of Tabitha's New
Zealand based testing crew.  I do hope that at least a subset of this group
will be testing the Sinhala localization of the Sugar UI.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/si/

There are just a few strings to polish off to bring Sinhala to 100%
completion in localization, but live testing by native speakers is a
critical quality control step for the localization.  In addition, there is a
need for the completed PO files to be committed by Sinhala language admins
(I've BCC'ed them on this message) so that they can be rolled out in a
Sinhala language pack.

As always the Sugar Labs  / OLPC Localization list

is the best place to ask any questions about localization issues.  I realize
that the it is important that this team focus their efforts on general
bug-hunting that will benefit all languages, but it seems to be too good an
opportunity to miss to also get feedback on the Sinhala localization.

cjl