[Localization] Commit errors involving other files

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:57:42 EST 2010

Hey Clytie,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Clytie Siddall <clytie at riverland.net.au>wrote:

> Hi everyone :)
>
> How do we fix commit errors involving files which we can't access?
>
> When I try to commit:
>
> 1.
> vi/honey/kandid.po
>
> > Failed to commit file: [GIT] pull failed (['git', '--git-dir',
> '/var/lib/pootle/checkouts/honey/kandid/.git', 'pull']): error: Entry
> 'po/de.po' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

This is a known issue for Kandid:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1629

Unfortunately, it has to do with the developer touching files within the /po
directory (without going through Pootle).  Until it is straightened out,
kandid.po files probably will not get committed.  This is not critical
because Honey doesn't follow Sugar release cycle anyway.

> 2.
> vi/glucose/sugar.po
>
> > Failed to commit file: [GIT] pull failed (['git', '--git-dir',
> '/var/lib/pootle/checkouts/glucose/sugar/.git', 'pull']): error: Entry
> 'po/sugar.pot' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
>

> I'm particularly concerned about sugar.po, because it's a relatively large
> file.

I'm not sure about this one.  The error message is the same as the ticket
below on typing turtle.

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1631

I agree that sugar.po is an important file.  Sayamindu will have to look
into this.