[Localization] Gtranslator on the xo

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Thu Jun 10 11:27:16 EDT 2010

Hola Sebastian,

Glad to see that your project is avancing.

Le jeudi 10 juin 2010 à 10:02 -0500, Sebastian Silva a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
> We are finally about to start a translation event here in PUNO,
> high in the Andes Mountains, in front of the Titicaca lake.
>
> Our plan is to work on a Glossary with the most common terms,
> then distribute printed lists of strings so that people can focus on
> the translation. This is because we may not have enough computers
> for translators and because many of them may not feel comfortable
> with the computer (yet).
>
> I am still wondering what version to translate as I´d like to
> translate
> Sugar 0.88 in hopes of including the translation in the new images
> that Bernie and ParaguayEduca team are preparing. But I don´t see
> a String Freeze for this - where should I collect these .po files?

For quechua:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/qu/

For aymara:
* Language page:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ay/
* Open the project pages (for example the "Fructose" page):
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ay/fructose/review.html
* Download the zip archive with the xo files
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ay/fructose/export/zip
* Export the xo files to a csv (comma separated value) with
"po2csv" (convert Gettext PO localization files to Comma-Separated Value
(.csv) files see: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/po2csv
for examples and usage instructions)
* Import the csv files to a spreadsheet document (Office Calc)
* Print your pages
* Start ranslating ;-)

Hasta luego

Samy