[Localization] [ANNOUNCE] Pootle is back up

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 04:11:12 EST 2010

Hello,
We are back up again, with a new version of Pootle. Things to note:

1. A DNS change has been done. This may take some time to propagate.
If you still get a "Service temporarily disabled", please try
http://pootle.sugarlabs.org

2. Permissions are now consolidated on a global, per language basis,
and not per project+language basis. I expect this to make things
smoother in the longer run.

3. Apart from the new features introduced by Pootle 2.0[1], we have
two features that I added. One is support for validation of translated
strings as they are submitted (so if you accidentally type in "% foo"
instead of "%s foo", your changes will not be accepted and an error
will be shown). This should make life easier for developers whose
builds often choke due to incorrectly formatted translated strings.
Also, commit status can be guessed easily from the main project pages
- there is a commit status column for the files which show whether a
file has been committed or not.

4. The look and feel has changed considerably, and we will be working
over the next few weeks to update our documentation. If you want to
help out, please let us know.

5. As the entire Pootle backend has been changed, there _may_ be minor
problems with your user accounts which were introduced by the
migration process. Let us know if you have difficulty logging in, or
encounter something odd.

Many thanks to Bernie, Dogi, Cjl and the Pootle development team for
the support and help during the migration.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/translate/files/Pootle/2.0.0/RELEASE.txt/view
--