[Localization] Ukrainian Translations for Fructose, Glucose and Honey

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:35:45 EDT 2010

2010/4/20 Ivan Horich <jonny_nut at hotmail.com>

> Hi there,
>
> I can serve as the language Admin for Ukrainian, although I'll definitely
> be looking for some help and advice with certain aspects of the role.  My
> username in pootle is jonny_nut.
>
>  In terms of User Management responsibilities (which doesn't seem to be
> outlined in detail), is that something that requires timely action, or is
> there some flexibility involved?  The reason I ask, is that I'm happy to
> help and willing to contribute on an ongoing basis, but my opportunities to
> do so are irregular at best, so I wouldn't want to leave any potential
> contributors hanging and give the project a bad image.  In other words,
> would I be able to delegate certain responsibilities to others if I were to
> find willing contributors?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> jonny_nut

In the absence of a major deployment waiting for your strings, language
adminning is pretty casual.  Recruiting other localizers is encouraged, then
you would have ability to delegate to someone :-)   I don't know of any
projects on this Pootle server that use any of the "assign" functions in
Pootle.

Sugar releases happen twice a year and messages will go out on this list
well in advance reminding language admins to make a concerted effort to
complete, review and commit their PO files, but if you commit them as you
complete them, it is not that time-sensitive, many PO files are fairly
stable.  If there is not a major deployment waiting for the strings, then it
is even less sensitive an issue.

If you look at the Pootle server, you can see that there are some languages
that are kept very complete and current (either by a major deployment or
some highly dedicated volunteers) and there are other languages where
localization has been more slowly accumulating over time, any and all
contributions are welcome.