[Localization] pilot school project - Xanthi, Greece

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 09:49:46 EDT 2009

/etc/sysconfig/keyboard should look something like this:

KEYTABLE="us"
XKB_MODLE="olpc"
XKB_LAYOUT="us,gr"
XKB_VARIANT="olpc2,olpc"

The OLPC variants should allow you to switch between US and GR by
hitting the language key on the far right of the keyboard.

-walter

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM, pavlos
hatzopoulos<phatzopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> we just received 30 XO-1s for the Xanthi pilot project that starts in
> September 2009 at a minority school in Northern East, Greece.
>
> We encountered 2 main problems in the first testing that we did:
>
> - although we changed to the Greek language from the control panel and
> updated online all the XOs, it was impossible to switch to the Greek
> character keyboard using any of the shortcuts.
>
> ...is there a roadmap on this? (some more knowledgable people than me tried
> to change some root files, but the applied changes weren't saved after
> rebooting)
>
> - the olpc-mesh network experienced problems co-existing with a non-mesh
> wireless network that we used for internet access. XOs were still connected
> to one another but we couldn't perform any of the collaborative activities.
>
> ...any roadmap on how to circumvent this problem?
>
> thanks,
> pavlos

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs