[Localization] pilot school project - Xanthi, Greece

pavlos hatzopoulos phatzopoulos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 09:37:14 EDT 2009

Hello,
we just received 30 XO-1s for the Xanthi pilot project that starts in
September 2009 at a minority school in Northern East, Greece.

We encountered 2 main problems in the first testing that we did:

- although we changed to the Greek language from the control panel and
updated online all the XOs, it was impossible to switch to the Greek
character keyboard using any of the shortcuts.

...is there a roadmap on this? (some more knowledgable people than me tried
to change some root files, but the applied changes weren't saved after
rebooting)

- the olpc-mesh network experienced problems co-existing with a non-mesh
wireless network that we used for internet access. XOs were still connected
to one another but we couldn't perform any of the collaborative activities.

...any roadmap on how to circumvent this problem?

thanks,
pavlos