[Localization] Fwd: sugar on a stick localized in farsi or pashto or both

Světlana Senajová svetla at paiwastoon.com.af
Mon Jun 22 05:41:18 EDT 2009

Dear Chris and Sameer,

This is Svetla from OLPC Afghanistan, former technical implementation
manager, current implementation manager is Dr. Musa (on CC). We are directly
in touch with Carol Silver Ruth and she has initiated contact with Sugar
Labs. We plan to deploy 50 XOs in home schools in villages near Kabul and
provide kids and parents with the USB sticks so every single one of them
would have his/her own environment and files and XOs would serve as
"computer stations".

We have very limited bandwith in Kabul to be able to send localized versions
of Sugar 0.82 in Dari and Pashto by email. However all our localized PO
files are on Pootle as you know. We plan to start working on localization of
0.84 version in upcoming week or two, but this doesn't allow us enough time
for having it ready and put it all together before Carol arrives to Kabul.

Please let me know what needs to be done so that we can have localized Sugar
on a Stick.

Thanks / Regards,

Svetla
svetla at paiwastoon.com.af
+420 728 878 881 (till 29th June)
+93 796 505 768 (from 30th June)

Dr. Musa - current technical implementation manager
+93 707 729 295, +93 774 605 794