[Localization] Malagasian in Pootle and Sugar

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:05:34 EDT 2009

Use the language packs http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/LanguagePacks

> - on the SOAS stick, the build 8.4

I'm not sure how to enable translations for this - I will try to come
up with a similar languagepack mechanism for SOAS.

> - on the system built with sugar-jhbuild the build 8.5

Sugar-jhbuild should start working once you start committing the files.

> - on a Mandriva + a Debian distribution the build 8.4
>
> Fact is that I am not able to activate this locale on those systems.

There is a localegen command on Debian which you can try. Let me know
if you are unable, I'll try to hunt out the exact steps.

> Normally there is a commit button
>> accessible to the adminsitrator - however, this won't work for builds
>> like 8.2.x. You will have to use the language packs.
>>
> OK. I remember to have requested some months ago the creation of this locale,
> however, I am not sure if the malagasian translation team has an administrator.
> Do you want one

I added you as the temporary admin - you can give admin priviledges to
others if you want :-). You should also see a commit button now - for
all projects except for Fructose. For Fructose (which is totally
untranslated at the moment), you can download PO files from
Fructose0.84 and upload them in Fructose (I have just enabled the
upload feature)

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--