[Localization] Localization: What works and what does not

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:46:29 EST 2009

Hello,
At FOSS.in 2009, I had a long and very useful  chat with the Dimitris
Glezos, the person behind Transifex[1] about the problems that are
plaguing translators, as well as developers trying to deal with
localization for their packages.
Since I would be doing a major upgrade[2] to our translation
infrastructure towards the end of this month, I think it would be an
opportunity for us to address some the problems that have been
plaguing us.

I have been thinking about some ideas, but before I place them, I
would like to hear the opinions of both developers (as in core glucose
people, as well as those working on activity development) and
translators on what works for you with the current infrastructure, and
what does not.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://transifex.org/
[2] We will be moving to Pootle 2.0, more details on that very soon

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta