[Localization] Gtranslator on the xo

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Fri Aug 21 13:30:15 EDT 2009

I'm very interested in trying this and working on a good workflow,
hopefully one where I can build the translated sugar instantly and
let the translator experiment. Once we have this workflow, I'll make
a big invite for Quechua speakers.
I think this is a good way to go, how do we integrate with the pootle
then?

I'll investigate, lets share what we find.

Thank you

Sebastian

2009/8/21 <s.boutayeb at free.fr>

> Hi all,
>
> In some/many cases, the connectivity may be an issue for localization teams
> (as
> it's the case for our deployment in madagascar (see:
> http://olpc-france.org/blog/category/nosy-komba/).
>
> So, one potential alternative is to use an offline translaton tool.
>
> I have tested a bit the installation and the use of the gtranslator
> application
> (http://gtranslator.sourceforge.net/). The test platform is an xo 1 with
> SoaS-XO
> and Sugar 0.84.2.
>
> See a screenshot here:
>
> http://olpc-france.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Gtranslator1.png
>
> Could anyone confirm the feasability of the worflow? Especially with older
> builds used in the wild?
>
> Thanks
>
> Samy

Sebastian Silva