[Localization] Please update Etoys translations for upcoming release

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 07:14:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Bert Freudenberg<bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Dear translators,
>
> we are nearing the next big Etoys release, expected to happen in early
> September. I pushed the templates for the latest beta release
> (4.0.2247). We only expect very few string changes in the next weeks.
>
> So please update the translations at
>
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/etoys/
>
> and also make sure they are pushed.
>
> I have a few questions, too - maybe to Sayamindu:
>
> There are several languages that show 100% coverage but have not seen
> a check-in in a while:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/etoys/log/
>
> How can this be when I checked-in a new POT file two days ago? Isn't
> Pootle picking up the new POT? Is a manual process required to merge
> the translations and the new POT? If so, do I have to announce every
> POT change on this list?

POT files are merged manually - typically once per week (Friday is the
usual time). However, if there is an urgent requirement, I can do it
earlier during the week.

> Also, Chinese and Turkish show twice the actual number of entries,
> what's up with that?

There is a bogus file for Chinese - I'll delete that. As for Turkish -
there are two files, with different encodings.

I will try to update/merge with the POT files today - however it might
be a bit difficult with the high load on sunjammer (the machine which
hosts Pootle). Bernie and the rest of the sysadmin-gang are working
round the clock to figure out what is causing the load.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta